Friday, November 11, 2011

Media Asset Creation: Week 3 Think Out-Loud Publishing/Presentation Project


Exploring the posted possible organizations at which to present my Challenge Based Research Project, there are two covering my sphere of influence.  The first is the Kentucky Society for Technology in Education (KySTE), which appears to prefer presenters from the Commonwealth of Kentucky.   They do, however, open presentation applications to those outside their districts.   The theme of this conference is “Connect, Collaborate, and Change”.  Some of my research fits nicely inside this theme.   Their application asks for a 400-character synopsis of the presentation.  This made the 120-word abstract seem positively easy!    

The Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) is the other organization whose application window falls in the needed timeframe.  This larger organization interestingly divides its conference subtopics into seven categories.   Although my challenge-based research would fall into a couple of categories, the learning gleaned from this project would best place my work in the “New Roles of the Instructor and Learner” category.  This application for participation is more extensive, and is due December 12, 2011.
The Effervescent Seven
My group, The Effervescent Seven, is exploring options about presenting as a group, at least for the upcoming Wimba presentation.  Most of our research, although originally intended for increased learning from our target audience (ranging from pre-school through adults), resulted in a re-examination of the relationship between the Instructor and the Learner.  Well-used technology has that effect on teachers/trainers.  

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I am interested in the AACE conference as well. It seems to fit well into my CBR focus and I like how they divided the subtopics. This process is all new to me so I'm sure it will be a learning experience either way. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great choice and awesome team name. :-)

    ReplyDelete