Friday, November 4, 2011

Media Asset Creation: Week 2 comment on Karla Thompson's blog

Being a fan of Theodore Geisel (like any good elementary school teacher!), you chose a most appropriate beginning to your post! It would also make a good beginning to a post about the book we are reading, The Art of Possibility. Your comfort level in speaking to a large group makes you leaps ahead of me. I also imagine that your topic of motivation and social networking among the early childhood community would have tendrils that touch so many groups and people. Technology offers wonderful possibilities to remove the isolation teaching professionals feel. However, educators need to see how this could work and see examples of it working.


Karla Thompson's post:
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy (or gal – Karla’s note) who’ll decide where to go.
Oh! The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
Well…the clock is ticking and I have to make the decision soon.  Do I want to write a journal submission or presentation proposal to share my CBR project results?  I’ve found some great early childhood conferences coming late Spring that seem to be the perfect fit.  I go back and forth, weighing the pros and cons, and then wondering if its really that deep.  Presentations are something I’m used to doing, while writing is something I enjoy doing.  The essence of both is communicating my message to a new audience.  That idea is equally exciting and unnerving.  I’ve always felt some sense of control of knowing my audience for work presentations. Grant it, audience members exist on a broad spectrum with varying levels of knowledge and skills, but I’ve always felt some sense of certainty of their background experience before the presentation.

All copyright free images in this post are from Microsoft Clip Art
Yet with this upcoming project, that spectrum suddenly expanded really wide, really fast.  And that’s got me nervous.  Not about my ability to share my project results; more so does anyone want to HEAR my project’s results?  Especially outside of the virtual walls of my EMDT program. How do I effectively craft the message of my CBR project and share it’s story in a way that is relevant and meaningful?  Will it or can it make a difference for anyone?   My dad always says that nothing beats a failure but a try…..so here goes…everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment