Saturday, November 12, 2011

Media Asset Creation: Week 3 Comment on Marc Hunt's blog

Marc, I agree with you and Rosetta who found the “white sheets” to be very inventive and a great way to re-tool the “instructor-learner” relationship.   However, giving “white sheets” to my students and telling them they could write whatever they wanted on it would produce a bunch of, well, white sheets.  While perhaps a blank slate works well for accomplished and suppressed musicians, my younger students would do much better with an evaluation form with questions (like yours) which could get them thinking and evaluating.  Your form generates lots of ideas for me.  Thanks!


Marc's Post:
I have found that "The Art of Possibility" has been an interesting  read and also a fast one.
This week I enjoyed hearing about the 'White Sheets" the author would give to the orchestra as a way for them to critique him and also communicate their needs. I found this part of the book to directly relate to the ADDIE model we have studied through the EMDT program. I have always put value into the evaluation and and have began to use this method in my class as well. During the year when the students are given progress reports or final quarterly grades, I allow them to also grade me and give me ideas on how I can improve what we covered.
Here is the form I have given my students after the first 5 weeks of school:



No comments:

Post a Comment